Uttarakhand floods: Death toll rises to 70; search operations for 134 missing continues

The death toll in the Uttarakhand glacier burst incident has reached 70 after two more bodies were recovered from the debris, according to the state government on Tuesday. “According to the information received from the disaster control room yesterday, one dead body was recovered from Srinagar Chauras and one from Kirti Nagar. Of the 206 missings, 70 bodies and 29 human organs have been recovered so far,” said the Uttarakhand government.

Meanwhile, the rescue and search operation for 134 missing people is underway.

Indo-Tibetan Border Police personnel along with National Disaster Response Force and other sister agencies have been conducting search and rescue operations in Chamoli district.

A glacier burst earlier in the Tapovan-Reni area of Chamoli District of Uttarakhand, which led to massive flooding in the Dhauliganga and Alaknanda rivers and damaged houses and the nearby Rishiganga power project.

Editor JK News Updates

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Next Post

Govt working on four fronts to keep India healthy: PM Modi

Tue Feb 23 , 2021
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday said his government is taking a holistic approach to healthcare in the country and is not just focused on treatment but also wellness. Addressing a webinar on the effective implementation of the Union Budget’s provisions in the health sector, Modi said the budget allocated […]
%d bloggers like this: