In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to Article 309 of Constitution of India, the Lieutenant Governor of Union territory of Jammu and Kashmir is pleased to direct that the following amendments have been made in the Jammu and Kashmir Civil Services (Leave) Rules,1979 that in sub-rule(2) of rule 44 the words “and cerebrospinal meningitis”, the sign and words, “cerebrospinal meningitis and COVID-19” shall be substituted.
In the case of COVID-19, the following criteria shall be followed:
When the Government servant themselves is COVID Positive. and is in home isolation/ quarantine.
● Shall be granted Commuted Leave up to 20 days, if due and admissible without Medical Certificate, on mere production of his COVID positive report
● Suppose Commuted Leave of 20 days is not available. In that case, he shall be granted Special| Casual Leave (SCL) for 15 days, followed by Earned Leave (EL) or Half Pay Leave (HPL) of 5 days and, in case of EL/HPL is also not available, he shall be given Extra Ordinary Leave (EOL) without insisting on production of Situation (1) (1 Medical Certificate, and the period shall also be counted for qualifying service.
When the Government servant themselves is COVID Positive and is in isolation and has also been hospitalized.
● Shall be granted Commuted Leave/SCL/EL for up to 20 days starting from the time having tested COVID positive, if the period of home quarantine/discharge from hospital falls within 20 days, as per SI.
● In case of hospitalization beyond the 20 days from his testing COVID positive, he shall be granted Commuted leave on the documentary Proof of hospitalization production.
If, however, after discharge from the hospital, the Government servant is required to remain at home for post COVID recovery, he may be granted leave of any kind due and admissible to him, with the approval of the concerned Competent Authority, as per the Jammu and Kashmir Civil Services (Leave) Rules, 1979. It is only when the Commuted Leave is not available to the credit of the Government servant that SCL of 15 days or El or EOL shall be Considered.
3. When a dependent family member of Government admissible under rule 44 of Jammu and servant is CoVID-positive or parents, whether dependent or not, living with him is COVID positive.
Shall be granted quarantine leave as a member of Government admissible under rule 44 of Jammu and Kashmir Civil Services (Leave) Rules, 1979 on the production of COVID positive report of dependent family members/parents.
4. When the Government He shall be treated as on-duty/Work Servant comes into direct contact with a COVID-positive person and remains in home isolation.
● He shall be treated as on-duty/Work from Home for seven days. For any period beyond that, he may be granted leave of any kind due and| permissible to him, with the approval of the concerned Competent Authority.
5. The period of quarantine spent by Government servants, as a precautionary measure, residing in the Containment Zone.
● He shall be treated as on-duty/Work from Home till the Containment Zone is de-notified.